The blogging year couldn’t have started in a better way. I’m a Liebster Award Winner!
For who do not know, the Liebster Award is an online prize given to newbie bloggers from bloggers. I want to deeply thank Gokul from Plan. Save. Travel. who awarded me.
We all know how blogging in
2016 (holy shit) 2017 is a hard challenge. There are something like 200.000.000 blogs out there. Almost 3.000.000 blog posts are written every single day. The competition is fierce. It’s pretty easy to lose the thread, and it’s pretty difficult to find the motivation sometimes. It’s something we bloggers all go through. The equilibrium comes with time.
In my opinion, the Liebster award is a good way to give fellow bloggers some recognition for their hard work. And it’s not just about writing! Building a website, learning basic design rules, social media managing, endless research, SEO. In addition, go pitch agencies and brands and take pictures and video. Where do we find time to travel? 😀
So, it’s a pleasure to have been nominated a Liebster Award Winner! Now it’s my time to pass the baton.
Please, read the rules before going on:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their site on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Answer their 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers for the award and inform them via social media.
- Create your own set of 10 questions for your nominees.
Here are my ten answers to Gokul’s questions!
What is your favorite Travel Quote?
It’s a pretty common one, but it no doubt says everything a traveler needs to have. Furthermore, I was an avid collector, so…
Which camera do you use for your travel photos?
I’ve recently bought a Canon 750D for my photos. And good for you, if you’re just getting into photography as well, here there’s something you need to know! I now have two lenses. The first one is an 18-55 and the second a 70-300. It’s still not a professional equipment but you can shoot amazing pictures with it. Even though I found it pretty expensive for my standards.
Which is that one country/city you would never wanna visit again and why?
Burgas, in Bulgaria. I have been there in winter. Sea resorts and cities on the coastline, if just based on summer tourism, in winter suck. They just suck. I do not think it’s a bad town, but I will hardly forget how empty and grayish the city was. As a result, I guess I won’t visit it again.
What traveler type are you – solo/couple/family?
I traveled solo, as part of a couple and with family (the latter seldom). Of course, I also traveled with friends and after 8 years and everything first-hand tested, I can say that a good travel buddy with whom you feel comfortable is the best thing you might want. On the other hand, solo travel is also cool – it all depends on you.
If you are ever exiled from your own country, which country would you approach to seek asylum?
I still have to visit too many of them. Right now, I say Portugal. In few months I could change my mind drastically!
What is your favorite sport?
Uhm, I’m Italian so..guess what? Football! Even though I’m pretty bad at it.
What is the weirdest food you have eaten till date?
I would probably say morcilla, a typical blood sausage from Spain.
Who/What inspired you to travel?
I remember that my first travel abroad, in 2006, was because of a language summer school. Thus, if I think of my first trip, that was the inspiration: learning a new language, which was English. I had never thought I would be able one day to write in English and understand it thoroughly (almost)! I’m actually into Spanish right now.
Another source of inspiration was reading a lot of travel blogs (some big names out there: Nomadic Matt and Nomadic Samuel, Matthew Karsten – the Expert Vagabond, the Blonde Abroad). This practice also sparked my travel bug. Travel inspiration is something continuous – you always need to find it.
What attracts you more – beaches or mountains?
I would say beaches. Still, in the last period mountains have become for me a sort of obsession. Not that I want to summit the Everest, but I would like to do some tougher hiking than I’ve been doing so far.
And the most important question, How to find a needle in a haystack?
It depends on how big is the haystack. I would use several magnets. 😀
In turn, these are my questions for you to answer!
- What’s the last place you have been dreaming of traveling to?
- You are given ONE TRIP in life. Where are you going?
- Tell your most embarrassing travel moment ever. Don’t be shy.
- Which books and movies you have read and watched in 2016? Which are you looking forward to in 2017?
- What’s the funniest item you always bring with you when traveling?
- What was your lowest moment in your (presumably short) blogging career?
- Do you believe believing in blogging alone as a primary source of income?
- Tell a secret strategy (legit or not, we all know..!) you have been using to increase your social media followers.
- Mac or Windows? Lightroom or GIMP? Twitter or Instagram?
- Do you collect / Have you collected something in life or during your travel?
AAAAAAAAND….the NEW LIEBSTER AWARD WINNER!
- The Polarizer – Dick is an easy-going guy who writes about his travel, photography, and he also reviews gears and apps he uses.
- Wet Nose Escapade – Angelina and Roger, a 4-years-old Yorkshire, write on how to stay healthy while traveling. If you’re a pet-friendly guy and/or a travel addict, that’s your blog!
- Tabassum Trails: “Travel as much as you can, while you can. This beautiful world may cease to exist someday…any day and so may you. So get out there, see it, explore it while it is still there”.
- All Places To Go: Sharad and Richa are just getting started with their blog and need your support!
- Where’s Nuria: Nuria is a girl from Catalunya, Spain. In her blog, which has something of very artistic, she writes about her trips in Europe.
- A Woman Afoot: Hiking alone for women! Ioanna knows how to inspire you.
- The Roving Heart: An engineer who decided after a trek on Himalaya that travel was the thing for her. Go say hello to Raksha Rao!
- Travel Savvy Gal: Lana is an American living in Milan, Italy and sharing her adventures and trips on her blog.
Now you have it! Congratulations to the new nominees. Go on and pass this award to whom deserve. Happy blogging. See you soon!
Pin for Pinterest: Liebster Award Winner 2017